Σάββατο 12 Οκτωβρίου 2013

You never questioned who I'd been


The sun was setting and we were hiding in the shadows
Faces only halfway light
I turned around and you moved in
An earnest smile drawing me in
You never questioned who I'd been
Or why  my hands were never prying

Those eyes were only set on me
And what was off, I couldn't place it
One body humming, one heart racing
Because no matter what had happened
And how much you knew I didn't care
When we were there your eyes were shining
You breathed me in like as I was air and you were drowning
My whole body tuning in
Breathing shallow, heartbeats strong
I wish I'd tell you I belonged
I wish I was more fond of lying


I  took your hand, said let's go walk
I think you knew the end was coming


Taking aim, pulling the trigger
You'd think it's hard but I've done worse
I picked the body from the floor
Made it sit straight, gave it a nod
There were no tears, or why's or shouting
Only two bodies
One going limb, one taking off.

Φόρμα επικοινωνίας

Όνομα

Ηλεκτρονικό ταχυδρομείο *

Μήνυμα *

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...